Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Heart Valentines

Hello. I thought I'd share a Valentine card I made while in Texas last week, guess you could call this one my "Houston Heart"!
I stamped 465 Scrollwork Corner with Distress Embossing Ink onto a 6x6 panel of Core'dinations CS and filled in the outlined areas with a White Gel Pen. For the heart, I stamped 434 Scalloped Heart Frame with White Dye Ink onto 36# parchment and heat embossed using a new powder called Valentine Sparkle, which is a fine detail deep red with red glitter...pretty! I then used my blue embossing mat and stylus tools to etch the white around the lacy part of the heart image, the straight grid was used to add embossed dots to the open area of the heart, and finally I used the 4-split perforating tool and black perforating pad to cut around the design.
This would make a pretty box topper or the front page of a mini album too!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
See ya next card!
Happy stamping,
:) stacey

10 comments:

Dawnll said...

I love your Houston Heart-how pretty!

Dawnll said...

Stacey
So glad you could share with us at
Creative Inspirations Paint

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nice job!

joy said...

Wonderful heart. Love the corner embellishment. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

Ceal said...

Lovely!
thanks for playing with us at Creative Belli. Hope to see you again soon!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Stacey: your card is so BEAUTIFUL--I love it! Hope you had a fun Texas trip. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create for our "RED HOT" Challenge #6.

Diane
Simply Create Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Nicola said...

Stunning creation Stacey, love the detailed techniques you've used!
Thanks for entering our Hearts challenge over at Fussy and Fancy Fortnight and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin and we look forward to seeing you again soon, Wedgie xxx

Doreen said...

stunning card - looks amazing
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Doreen xx

Carla said...

Thanks for entering the CI Paints challenge!